Monday, January 05, 2009

Working from Home

It snowed yesterday all day, by 11 pm we had about 6 inches, but by morning it had already begun the big melt, however I still opted to stay and work from home today. It is so nice to have this option. I've always thought I'd be a good candidate for working from home; I'm a homebody, I am self-directed, and I don't like people to think I'm taking the easy way, so I usually work harder then anyone else. Turns out it is not so easy, especially when the work you have to do is writing. I'm working on Grants for Harmony Hill, I'm really lucky to have this opportunity, but when I try to write these things my head turns to mush. I don't understand why it is so hard for me, it is basically the same as the last one and the one before that etc... but still my fingers get clumsy and nothing comes out, and then you find yourself wandering to the internet....what are those crazy Isralites doing now I wonder. Then your eyes get sleepy...it doesn't help that Max and Holly my faithful cat companions are snoozing right next to me.

Last night watched part one of the Tess of the D'urbervilles on PBS Masterpiece Classics. It was pretty good, but I couldn't help thinking this could all be solved if you'd just tell the truth. Doesn't matter, sitcom, movie, literature, reality show, soap opera....you keep secrets from the ones you love, hate, alliance with....sooner or later it all comes out and you end up losing out anyway or worse, learning your lesson UGH! Karl kept saying "She isn't a very bright herione" I finally had to remind him that she was written by a man. How could he possible know how a real woman would act and feel in those situations. Overall I do think it is a great story.

I tried the hoopnotica workout yesterday, it was fun, and hard and differnt that I thought it would be. I think I managed to do 3 sessions of approx 5 min each, but I really enjoyed it so that is a good start. Still I have to say I like ping pong better :)

No comments: