Thursday, January 01, 2009

Oh Crap!

Those were my first words this morning when I looked out the window and saw snow. We just got rid of the last foot and a half of snow over the holidays and I'm not looking forward to more. It just complicates everything. Especially since tomorrow I do not have to work and Karl does, if it snows too much he may have to work from home and while I know he does just work when he works from home, I'm still hoping to have the house to myself.

Today I got the pattern pieces cut for my apron and tomorrow I'm going to sew it up, plus I'm still playing with the new Ipod I got for my birthday and lots of songs to sing and dance too.

I made the finishing touches on my first assignment for my writing class too and tomorrow I am mailing it out. I feel like I need to include a note about why it is so late too. I've had like 3 weeks to write 700 words! I'd love to say it was the holidays, but that's a lie. More like stage fright. I also know this story is crap, but you have to start somewhere right?

Writing this blog, for me is a start at exposing myself to the world. Right now I'm guarded with everything I write here, afraid of what might come of it, keeping everything neutral. My hope is that while these posts might start out being lame listings of my daily events, eventually I can lift the veil of my thoughts and hopes and dig a little deeper. There are so many things out in the world I want to comment on; the new president, the last 8 miserable years, the economy, my wonderful boss Gretchen, the environment, my husband, my cats, my lack of relationship with my grown kids. As Karl is fond of saying "little steps" so today I write lame stuff, tomorrow who know, maybe we get out the shovel or at least the spoon.

No comments: