Friday, January 23, 2009

An Amazing Week

We just finished our Friday night ritual, began several years ago, the evening is spent with Gwen and Friends on Washington Week, and then to Bill Moyers Journal. After years of watching these brilliant people and there guest try to wade through the muck of George Bush and company, it is refreshing to feel and see the first signs of hope in even these hardened journalists.

I think Barack Obama has shown this week that he is an excellent and brilliant manager, he is an executive who can see peoples strengths and help them to use them to their best and our best advantage. He has shown that he is willing to look beyond what has been done in the past, that he is willing to let me in on as much as he can, and that he recognizes that everyone has a voice even Republicans maybe especially Republicans. I know he will not fix everything, I know he can't fix everything. And even if he has a different way of doing things, he still has Reid and Pelosi to deal with, not to mention Boehner who have done things they way they have done things for awhile.

But still it has only been 4 days and he has already shown 1. that he meant what he said and 2. he can do more than one thing at a time.

I choose optimism over fear. I choose hope over despair. I choose to give him a chance to prove that we are a great nation. I choose to do what I can to be a part of the question and the solution. Tomorrow I hope to find some time to write to my representatives, as well as Reid and Pelosi and remind them that we are in this together, we need each other, and we need to listen to the other side. It is important to come together as a country and we can't do that if we are locking the other side out of meetings and committees and doing politics as usual, that is not what we elected them for.

Well I'm off the soap box for the night. But I'm sure more will be forthcoming.

No comments: