Saturday, February 12, 2011

Second thoughts

So I might have been to hard on Writers Digest last time, I think I was feeling frustrated at the slow and leisurely pace, the lack of communication, but truthfully I wasn't engaging that much with the class either. I'm not sure what I was expecting from the class, but I am gaining knowledge and growing as a writer. Isn't that the point of taking any class? to gain knowledge, to grow? If it is and I think that's what I was looking for then I am getting what I paid for.

As for my book - it is coming along nicely. I can't say enough good things about Donald Maass or his book Writing the Breakout Novel. If you listen and try to do the exercises your writing seems to fall logically into place, if you have the talent and the desire to write and what you want to write is novels that people read, then this is the book.

1 comment:

Cooking Girl said...

It does sound like the class is helping, at least a little. That book also sounds like it is helping a great deal! i'm glad to hear that your book is going well!