Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chop Wood, Carry Water

            The Buddhist saying goes: Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. Today I am coming strongly to feel this sentiment, not by any means have I reached enlightenment, however I have been disciplined of late in my approach to my health, my yoga sutras, my belly dance, my meditation, my writing. I have had moments of great clarity and empowering energy, I have felt the highs of knowing that I was on the correct path.

     Today is a chop wood, carry water day, I am taking two days off to go to the beach, for two weeks I have been on antibiotics for a sinus infection, two days ago I finished the drugs and today I feel my nose, my throat, my head as if I never took the antibiotics, but I know that I took them as I can feel the yeast infection mutating in my nether regions even as I try to sit still to type this.

     Still though I got up, I did 20 minutes of yoga, I meditated for 20 minutes, I wrote my journal entry of positive thoughts and drew a quick sketch of my radiant being, and then I did my 45 minutes of belly dance. 

     I still feel the dregs of the disease, but the rest of me is calm and the healing energy has been unleashed. I will load my car and head to the beach, stopping for over the counter medication along the way, but I will go and I will enjoy each moment as it comes up, life is not meant to be without challenges, it is not a series of why me’s, but an opportunity to be a part of each and every step along the way, the good and the bad, the fantastic and the not so much. I am confident that I am on the right track, I just need to allow my glorious body, mind and spirit to do its work.  Peace.

No comments: